To plan, set-up and operate assortment of conventional machines of all varieties, with focus on barge pumps. This requires the operation of complex controls in order to make product parts to exacting tolerances and finishes.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Plans how operations will be performed on the machine. This includes part holding and alignment, proper tooling and programs as required. Read and follow complex blueprints and sketches, make machine and tooling adjustments for a wide range of parts, operate both part and tool probing for accurate measurements, along with a variety of precision measuring instruments to verify exact tolerances and finishes. Perform required mathematical computations. Run through involved tooling and process readouts to verify program readiness.
2. Performs such other related duties as planning of work, makes layouts, performs incidental bench operations, grinds and sets tools for special machining configurations. Performs Assembly, Hydrotest, Balance, and Deburr duties as required.
3. Assist and/or inform programmers of any deviation in the program tape/disk.
4. Assist Maintenance personnel in maintenance and servicing of the machine.
5. Perform minor maintenance and servicing of machines as cleaning and oiling machines.
6. Maintain work area in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.
7. Operate crane, material moving equipment and power equipment.
8. Furnishes own hand tools necessary to perform duties.
9. Instruct and provide assistance to others as needed.
10. Set up and operate other assigned machine tools.
11. Performs other duties as may be required.
12. Follows appropriate handling and disposal of hazardous waste in compliance with EPA Regulations. Knowledge of applicable Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
Qualifications and Skills:
Completion of four years Trade or Technical School or equivalent. Requiring use of advanced shop mathematics,together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts , hanbook formulas, and a wide variety of precision measuring instuments. Experience is usually 5 to 6 years.