To plan, set-up, modify programming and operate machine tools such as lathes, mills, boring machines, grinders, to machine parts to exacting tolerances by performing the necessary steps per drawings and specification. The Machinist will machine parts, install, dismantle, repair, reassemble, and fabricate parts, equipment, etc in the plant. This requires the operation of complex controls in order to make product parts to exacting tolerances and finishes.
1. Plans how operations will be performed on the machine. This includes part holding and alignment, proper tooling and program interpretation. Read and follow complex blueprints and sketches, make machine and tooling adjustments for a wide range of parts, operate both part and tool probing for accurate measurements, along with a variety of precision measuring instruments to verify exact tolerances and finishes. Perform required mathematical computations. Run through involved tooling and process readouts to verify program readiness.
2. Performs such other related duties as planning of work, makes layouts, performs incidental bench operations, grinds and sets tools for special machining configurations.
3. Assist and/or inform programmers of any deviation in the program tape/disk.
4. Assist Maintenance personnel in maintenance and servicing of the machine.
5. Perform minor maintenance and servicing of machines as cleaning and oiling machines.
6. Maintain work area in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.
7. Operate crane, material moving equipment and power equipment.
8. Furnishes own hand tools necessary to perform duties.
9. Instruct and provide assistance to others as needed.
10. Set up and operate other assigned machine tools.
11. Performs other duties as may be required.
12. Follows appropriate handling and disposal of hazardous waste in compliance with EPA Regulations. Knowledge of applicable Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
13. For protection of self and others, performs all work in accordance with established safety practices and facility safety rules.
14. Produces quality on time parts and complies with ISO 9000 requirements.
HS Diploma or equivalent
Machinist certification or millwright apprenticeship (plus)
Vo-Tech or equal experience (plus)
Must be able to read and write English. Must have thorough knowledge in the preparation of and use of mills, lathes and other CNC / Conventional machines. Must be capable of machining and fabricating parts per blueprints, BOM, and sketches. Must be able to hold to tight tolerances per print specifications. Able to read and interpret blueprints. Must be knowledgeable in assembling parts, machining, quality control and safety. Thorough understanding of all company safety and environmental practices. Strong quality focus. Strong team player. Must be reliable, dependable, and able to work overtime as required. Requires strong math skills: add, subtract, multiply, divide, algebra. Must be able to read various mic’s to hold to tolerances as required., and to interact with Field Sales Offices and Customers. A solid working knowledge especially in Microsoft Excel is required.