Position Title: Pump Repair Shop Supervisor
Position Supervisor: Service Center Manager
Professional Pump Mechanic with the ability to troubleshoot, reverse engineer, and repair centrifugal pumps (many makes/models) in a fast -paced Service Center environment, confident with use of conventional machines, experience supervising up to 10 people including machinists, mechanics and welders.
Supervise and coordinate the activities of workers engaged in machining of work, applying knowledge of machine shop procedures, machine tool setup and operating techniques and production machining methods. Able to support, direct and manage the workforce and work area to safely produce customer requirements within budgeted costs.
1. Directs trade workers engaged in machining of work pieces.
2. Monitor job hours for efficiency and make appropriate changes to ensure on-time delivery.
3. Develops and studies schedules and estimates time, cost, and labor estimates for products, services, and/or completion of job assignments.
4. Create competitive tact times by product component and communicate these standards to the master scheduler to facilitate on-time shipment of 90-100% to meet customer requirements.
5. Research and evaluate the effectiveness of machinery, equipment, and shop procedures, recommending and implementing changes to improve operational efficiency.
6. Manage the evaluation and development of direct reports to support organizational and operational strategy and performance metrics.
7. Train and assist others in correcting or preventing deficiencies in the quality of their workmanship.
8. Enforce safety policies and set expectations.
Relations with suppliers or customer.
High School Diploma/ GED (required)
Bachelor Degree - Engineering or Business or equivalent education or experience (is a plus)
Machine Shop -7-10 years
Supervision - 5 years
Knowledgeable of various machine shop procedures and operating techniques. Ability to communicate, develop and execute action plans to achieve defined objectives. Knowledge of the production machining methods.
2. Conflict Management
5. Customer Focus
6. Functional Technical Skills
7. Drive for Results
8. Problem Solving